Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Island of Milos, Greece


It is over 100F here in St Louis, and all I can think of is the beautiful Greek islands and beautiful beaches that I miss so much! My niece recently visited the island of Milos and she sent me some gorgeous pictures, oh, I couldn't  help it but day dream all day long...
Look at this amazing waters, and the sunsets! Aren't they un-real? Being from Greece, I can almost "feel" the breeze on my face, and smell the salty water...
Milos is set in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea between Serifos, Sifnos and Folegandros, and it is about 5 1/2 hours by boat away from Athens. Full of surprises and charm, is one of the most desirable vacation destinations and definitely less crowded than Myconos and Santorini, the other two popular islands of Cyclades. 
Milos, with its unique horse shoe-shape, boasts several of the best hotels in Cyclades bathed in radiant sunlight and scattered all over with small white houses.
The island is well know for the statue of Venus goddess of beauty and love, that was found in 1820 and it is currently displayed in the Louvre Museum in Paris; a copy of the statue can still be seen in the Milos archeological Museum.

So, take a deep breath, and jump into these magical pictures, and may be -who knows- sometimes you may visit in person!
Stay cool!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your purr...fect comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails