Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Becky Thatcher Jewelry Designs










 Bracelet base with exchanging Stone tops

 













Opal and Chrysocolla Earrings

        
Pearl Necklace 




 3X Gold magnifying glasses with handles made from Leelanau cherry pits in resin with crushed turquoise
 













Opal Botanical Pin


























 Watches carved from Lake Michigan Beachstones.











I am grateful to be friends with Becky and her husband, David. I consider them "family." My husband, Mark, and I have broken bread many times with them here in St Louis. I admire Becky's work. She is an inspiration for me, fueling my own heart to higher heights of design. All of Becky's jewelry I own is precious, and I get lots of complements when I wear them. I strongly recommend her bracelet series with the exchanging tops—they are so elegant and beautiful!

Inspired by the earth, water, skies and wildlife of her lakeside home, Becky has always been drawn to shapes and colors of local beach stones. To visually capture the essence of northern Michigan, she paints "picture" necklaces, bracelets and earrings incorporating these distinctive stones.
Becky Thatcher's designs combine the natural textures of stone, the colorful depths of faceted gems and the luster of pearls with silver, high karat gold and platinum. Appreciating each stone for its inherent beauty, Becky personally selects exceptional gemstones, such as tourmaline, boulder opal, fancy sapphire, tanzanite, rutilated quartz and beryl from Hong Kong, Sri Lanka and Bangkok. Globally, she collects outstanding stones from artists' lapidaries and gemstone beads, both ancient and modern, to convey stories of the different cultures and locales.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful designs. Thank you for sharing them with us. Becky has a good friend in you!

    Becky @ Harmony & Home

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your purr...fect comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails